How Counselling can help
Everyone will experience emotional problems at some stage in life and they are often resolved without outside help. Where Counselling may be helpful is when the difficulties experienced appear to have a psychological root. Sometimes those difficulties persist, they cannot be easily resolved or negative patterns are repeated in various aspects of our lives and relationships. The list below contains some of the more common ones that I will work with:
- Feelings of anxiety
- Feelings of depression which can be accompanied by a sense of emptiness or sadness.
- Lack of confidence and feelings of low self esteem.
- Extreme mood swings or frequent anger.
- Low self esteem or lack of confidence resulting in low achievement
- Difficulty in coming to terms with losses such as bereavement, rejection or the break up of a relationship.
- Relationship problems
- Sexual problems
- Feelings of loneliness and isolation
- Addictive or obsessional behaviour which may be related to alcohol, drugs, sex, internet use or gambling
- Sleep problems which may include nightmares
- Panic attacks